How can I connect with other calendars? (for owners)
Using a common calendar format (.ics), you can keep all your calendars updated and synchronized.
You can synchronize your TripAdvisor calendar with HomeAway, Google, Airbnb, Yahoo!, and any other calendar that uses .ics format.
Please note: Calendar sync marks dates in your TripAdvisor Rentals calendar as unavailable if they’re unavailable on another site. It will never cancel an existing booking on our platform, or change any reserved dates to available.
Importing your calendar
Keep your calendar up to date and monitor your availability by importing the calendar data from other calendars.
- Select Import a calendar
- Paste the web link of this calendar (e.g. https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/… )
- Give the imported calendar a name and select Save
Tutorials: Take a look at our step by step guides to help you locate the correct URL for each booking partner. Select the ‘import calendar’ button and choose the provider you would like to connect with (e.g. Google, Airbnb or HomeAway).
Calendar sync transfers all events to your TripAdvisor Rentals calendar, including personal ones. We recommend using a separate calendar to record your personal appointments so you don’t lose out on potential bookings.
Exporting your calendar
By exporting your TripAdvisor calendar, you are able to track your availability and view your TripAdvisor bookings on a different calendar.
- Select Export calendar to view your iCalendar link.
- Copy and paste this link into your calendar application (e.g. Google, Airbnb or HomeAway).
For more details, please follow your application’s instructions for importing calendars.
Why can’t I sync my calendar?
If you’re receiving an error message while synchronizing your calendar, please follow our troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that you’re using the correct URL that returns a file in iCal format. This is a special URL you can obtain from the provider you’d like to connect with.
- Contact your external provider to review the provided URL to ensure that this was generated correctly.
- Ensure that you’re using the correct URL for the correct property. Note: you are unable to use the same link twice.
- If you continue to experiencing issues connecting your calendars, please contact our customer support team.
How can I disconnect a calendar?
If you want to disconnect a synced calendar, follow these simple steps:
- Select Manage my calendar > Imported calendars
- If you have more than one synced calendar, select the ‘+’ symbol on the calendar you want to remove
- Click Delete